Identity and contact details of the controller
Deanspoint Insurance Brokers Ltd trading as Abbey Murphy Insurance (referred to as Abbey Murphy Insurance in this document) is a data controller as defined by the Data Protection Acts, 1998 and 2003.
The purpose of this privacy statement is to explain to you all the information practises of Abbey Murphy Insurance in relation to the information we collect about you.
For the purpose of this statement Abbey Murphy Insurance may be referred to as “we”. Likewise, “you” or “your” shall indicate you, the customer.
Please read this Statement carefully as it sets out the basis on which any personal date we collect from you, or that you provide to us will be processed.
Who are we?
Abbey Murphy Insurance is authorised by the Financial Regulator as a Multi-Agency intermediary under the Investment Intermediaries Act 1995 and is registered with the Financial Regulator as an Insurance Intermediary under the Insurance Mediation Directive. Abbey Murphy Insurance is also regulated by the National Consumer Agency as a Credit Intermediary.
We provide advice on in relation to all type of insurance policies. We will identify and select a suitable product producer and on receipt of your instructions we will transmit orders on your behalf to one or more product producers. As a Credit Intermediary we can arrange Insurance Premium Finance for you.
Contact details of data protection Officer
Should you wish to contact Abbey Murphy Insurance to discuss any matters relating to the processing of your personal data you can:
Phone: 043 334 1577
Postal address; 3 New Street, Longford, Co. Longford.
Information we collect from you
Abbey Murphy Insurance collect, store and process Personal Data under the Regulation (e) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and the General Data Protection Regulation.We collect personal information that you supply to us when filling out forms, tell us over the telephone or send to us in an email.
This information may include:
- Identifying information such as title, name, date and place of birth, gender, marital status, PPS number, VAT number, nationality, and photographic identification
- Financial information such as bank account details, credit/debit card details and income details
- Contact details such as address, phone number, email address and country of residence
- Employment and qualification details such as occupation, job position, employment, and education history
- Medical and health details including medical history, information on personal habits (such as consumption of alcohol or smoking), details of any disability, injuries sustained and prognosis of recovery
- Information pertaining to the asset/risk insured such as description of the risk, value of the risk/asset, location of the risk and claims history
- Sensitive information including details of any criminal convictions and offenses, civil litigation history or any pending prosecutions
- Information on any claims made such as details of the circumstance of any incident giving rise to a claim under this policy, details of the actions following any such incident, any other claims made including financial, medical, health and any other lawfully obtained information relevant to your claim including social welfare payments
There are “cookies”, small files placed on your device, which give us anonymous information on visitors on our website. You can prevent cookies being downloaded on to your device by changing your browser settings. This may prevent you from viewing the whole website.
Purpose of processing
We collect your personal details in order that we can provide the highest standard of service to you. We will use your information to determine which insurance products are appropriate for you, do risk evaluations, claims payments, generate quotations and process applications for the various products and services we offer.
The data and information provided to our office may be used to make you aware of other products and services available.
Abbey Murphy Insurance will process, by that we mean collect, store or use, the information you provide to us in manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
In the processing of data there will be risks such as:
- Disclosure of personal data
- The loss of personal data
- The misclassification of data
We take great care with the information provided; taking steps to keep it secure and to ensure that it is only used for legitimate purposes. We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date and not keep it for any longer than is necessary. The information that we collect will be stored in a safe manner.
Our legal basis for processing your data
Our reason (Lawful reason) for processing your data is to under the GDPR is:
- Legal basis – Abbey Murphy Insurance needs to process your data as this is necessary in relation to a contract of insurance to which you have entered into or because you have asked for something to be done so you can enter into a contract
Special Categories of personal data
If we collect any special categories of personal data (e.g. health, religious beliefs, racial or ethnic origin we will ensure that we obtain your specific consent.
Who are we sharing your data with?
We may share information with other affiliated professionals contracted to Abbey Murphy Insurance in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide to on your behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the data in line with Abbey Murphy Insurance’s procedures.
If we need to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your explicit consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.The third parties that we may pass your personal data onto are as follows:
- Business partners, suppliers sub-contractors and agents, that we work/engage with (which includes, but is not limited to, auditors, legal firms, cloud service providers software providers, third party claims and administrators) to carry out our business activities.
- Abbey Murphy Insurance also share data with coinsurance and reinsurance companies located in Ireland and abroad, including outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
- Insurance companies and their agents
- Intermediaries acting for you
- For Abbey Murphy Insurance to comply with their legal obligations, they have a duty to share relevant information after a Court Order or in cooperating with State and regulatory bodies such as the Central Bank of Ireland or the Revenue Commissioners, this also includes government departments and agencies.
For a full list of third parties that we pass your information onto see addendum
We have issued all our third party processors with a Data Processor checklist asking them GDPR specific questions
We only share your personal information with insurance providers of the product you are interested in insuring.
We do not disclose personal information about you to advertisers or marketing companies.
If we transfer personal data to a third party or transfer it outside of the EU we as the data controller will ensure the recipient (processor or another controller) have provided the appropriate safeguards and on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for you the data subject are available.
The data subjects rights
Abbey Murphy Insurance will facilitate you, our clients, rights in line with our data protection policy and subject access request procedure. This is available on request.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in the possession of or processing of your data, you have the following rights:
- Right of Access – Under section 4 of the Acts you have the right to access a copy of your personal data that our office holds about you. A request for personal data should be written and must be replied to within 30 calendar days. The data controller will always verify the identity of anyone making a subject access request.
- Right of Rectification – Under section 6 of the Acts you have the right to have any incorrect or inaccurate data corrected.
- Right to be forgotten – You may ask for data to be erased and unless there is a legitimate reason why we must keep this data, your request will be complied with within 30 calendar days of the receipt of the request. This can be done by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing of your data.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Abbey Murphy Insurance refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why
All of the above requests will be forwarded on to any third party involved.
Retention of your personal data
In line with The General Data Protection Regulation 2016 we will not keep any information for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was obtained. Abbey Murphy Insurance will process personal data in accordance with our retention schedule. Our retention schedule has been governed by our regulatory body, Brokers Ireland, the Financial Regulator and our internal governance.
We record all incoming and outgoing telephone, to and from our landlines, for verification and training purposes.
If you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Abbey Murphy Insurance or how your complaint has been handled by Abbey Murphy Insurance, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Abbey Murphy Insurance.
Failure to provide further information
If in the process of collecting your data for a contract you cannot provide this data the consequences of this could mean the contract cannot be completed or details will be incorrect.
Profiling – automatic decision making
Abbey Murphy Insurance use automated decision making including: Automated Pricing and Underwriting – whereby we can calculate the insurance risks based on the information you supplied. This process will help us to procure a policy and calculate the premium you will have to pay.
If you do not agree with the result of this automated pricing you have the right to request human intervention.
If we intend to further process your personal data for a purpose other than that for which the data was collected, we will provide this information prior to processing this data.