Business Insurance

All Businesses require some form of insurance, the type of cover required changes from one business to another. Today there are so many events that can affect your business that you cannot possibly think of them all – That is where Abbey Murphy Insurance comes in. Our job is to ensure that you receive sufficient cover for all aspects of your business so in the event of a claim, you will be comprehensively covered. The following is only a sample of a few of the occupations we cater for:


When you are looking for farm insurance to protect your livelihood, you need to know that you have the correct cover with quality policy benefits. We understand the importance of having a specialist farm expert at the other end of the phone.


As a farmer, saving money has never been more important. Whether you are an agricultural-contractor, dairy, sheep or beef farmer, we can tailor your insurance to suit your needs at a competitive price; leaving you with peace of mind to run your farm. Optional policy benefits include:

  • Storm cover on Outbuildings
  • Employers liability extending to include family members
  • Fatal injury to livestock
  • Accidental Damage Fire & Theft Cover on Trailers and Implements
  • Personal Accident
  • Theft of tools
  • Theft of livestock


So, by working closely with our clients to understand their business and their attitude towards risk, we can design the right scope of cover to meet your particular insurance requirements, whether you’re involved in the alteration, maintenance and repair of existing properties or new build projects or a combination of the two.We have access to all the leading construction underwriters and will arrange the most appropriate cover for your individual requirements including:

  • Contractors All risks (Contract works; own tools and plant; hired plant and equipment; and temporary buildings)
  • Employers liability for full-time temporary staff
  • Public liability
  • Personal accident
  • Accidental Damage Fire & Theft
  • Commercial vehicles


As anyone in the construction industry knows, if you want to be safe you have to have strong foundations we have years of experience providing insurance advice and solutions to the construction industry. We understand the huge variety of risks faced by all the trades involved in the building world whether they’re bricklayers, electricians, plumbers, plasterers, general builders, roofing contractors, scaffolders, carpenters or other specialist trades.

Motor Fleet & Haulage

If you can’t keep your vehicles moving, your business won’t go anywhere fast. At Abbey Murphy Insurance, we understand the problems you face whether you are an owner operator or you are running a large fleet, if your vehicles are off the road they’re not earning you money.


We make it our priority to understand your business and ensure that the cover provided matches your particular requirements.
Cover may include some or all of the following:

  • Open driving – Different options available
  • Declaration Basis
  • Directors own car
  • Breakdown cover


You need Property Owners Liability insurance to indemnify you against any claim made against you.
Finally what is the likely loss of rent you would suffer following damage to your building?
Depending on how long your property would take to rebuild this could become a major proportion of any loss

  • Office blocks
  • Warehouses
  • Factories
  • Apartments
  • Retail Units

Property Insurance

We provide cover for the property itself, plus your liability attaching to ownership of the property and any loss of rent due to you following any damage to your property.
Remember that if you own a building you are responsible for any damage or injury caused by that building, e.g. a falling tile.

Professional Indemnity

The professional person must exercise whatever degree of care and skill is reasonably expected of any competent practitioner in that profession at that time. If a person provides advice or a service to another and carries that work out negligently, he or she can be held legally liable for the consequences
Normally, such advice or services are provided under the terms of a contract. Liability can arise because there has been a breach of duty of care or a breach of contract


Professional Indemnity will pay all reasonable costs incurred in the defence (i.e. legal fees) or settlement of such claims arising from the above.
A Professional is regarded as any person who offers ‘specialist advice or service’ and these include

  • Accountants
  • Surveyors
  • Engineers
  • Solicitors
  • Architects
  • Market Research Consultants
  • PR Consultants
  • IT Consultants
  • Graphic Designers
  • Web Designers
  • HR Consultants
  • Health & Safety Consultants


We can arrange cover for your

  • Building
  • Contents
  • Money
  • Business Interruption
  • Employers Liability
  • Public and Products Liability

Offices, Shops, Pubs, Restaurants, Cafes and Takeaways

Your shop is your livelihood and you will want to make sure that you are fully protected. We spend time searching the market for the most competitive terms i.e. premium and covers

Other Products

Motor Trade
Personal Accident
Goods In Transit

Claim Service

Of course the real test of any insurance policy is in the event of a claim so, if you’re unfortunate enough to suffer a loss,
we’ll work closely with you and the insurers to bring about effective and swift resolution

Recent News

Call Now Button